Wednesday, March 25, 2009

U-Blog 5

Well our team gave our presentation this past Monday and I can honestly say I enjoyed it. We gave our presentation on OpenOffice Writer which is similar to Microsoft Word and the class responded very well to it. They were excited about learning to write letters and the different features the program had like spellcheck, changing the text size and color, highlighting, and being able to put the text in bold and italics. By the time I came up to do my part most of the class was moving faster than I could read the steps to them. The class was fascinated with the program overall and they seemed excited about being able to download themselves when they got home. I'm pretty sure everyone in the group was a little nervous at first, but as soon as it was time to start everything fell right in place and everyone stepped up to the plate and delivered. I enjoyed working with the group I was in because everyone did their part and was ready when the time came for us to give our presentation. I hope the other teams' experience goes just as smooth as ours did.

2 comments:

  1. Thats whats up! Congradulations...

    I must admit it, I am a little nervous now that the time is drawing near to my teams workshop. I don't really know why I'm nervous, but I am.

    Your feedback about your groups experience sounds like it went smooth and was a sucess. Your blog gives me a little more confidence about going into my team's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my group went first. And I think you will always be somewhat nervous when doing something for the first time. But ours was the same way. After getting up and everyone taking part, the nervousness went away quickly. It also you to see how it feels from a teachers perspective being that we are playing the student role most of the time.

    But you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete