Tuesday, February 17, 2009

U-Blog 3

Since the semester started I think IT's Top 5 Training Mistakes has been the most interesting topic to date. It definitely will be helpful for everyone as we head into our forthcoming training project. Peronally, I have been on both sides of the equation and I couldn't agree more with the the top 5 mistakes that were named. Mistake No. 2, 'You're out of tune with your audience.', is the one that struck more close to home than the others with me. I've been involved in more than one training exercise with trainers who are experts on the subject matter at hand, but can't connect with the audience because of their lack of people skills or their lack of ability to effectively communicate. I've also been guilty of this myself when the roles were reversed. Knowing what you want to say, but not knowing the best way to get your point across will definitely hinder the trainer from effectively getting in tune with their audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment